Sunday, January 11, 2009

Many Questions

Today is a day of cloudiness, fogginess, and sadness. I am not sure why, except for the fact that we have now been waiting for almost 6 months to know who our daughter is. I keep remembering that this is God's plan and not our own. Even though this is truth, it does not make the waiting any easier. It is frustrating. Frustrating to see others who started the process later than we did, get referrals and court dates and getting closer to bringing their children home, when it seems we are still far away from this reality. Maybe today is frustrating for me because I am still not feeling well and Tyler is still dealing with croup. This is how I was feeling this morning and then I went on Youtube and found the following videos; which help me remember what and why we are doing this. We are doing this for God's glory to give another child a chance at life. God is good, all of the time. These videos answer questions for others; like why adopt when you are both healthy and able to have kids biologically? Why Africa? Why Ethiopia? Family and Friends, this is why! May God bless you and lead you to help make a difference. What are you doing today?







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are sharing these videos too!

May they bless others and open the eyes of their hearts!

Praying you all feel better in the morning! Praying for peace as you trust in His plan and perfect timing!

Hugs,
Jill

Chantelle said...

Hang in there lady! your little baby girl referral is on its way...Only a matter of days now...I am projecting for you! WE are hanging in at #3 and I will celebrate with you when your know who your daughter is!
I have my days also.
Chantelle

The Andersons said...

Stacey - we can encourage each other on during this difficult time. If it helps...we turned in our application exactly a year ago this week. I have been struggling as this anniversary has come around. You can bet we thought we'd be home by now and we are only at #5. Each of our journey's is different because God planned them that way. Your child has been marked out for you!!! The timing is PERFECT!

One thing I have begun to do is pray for others and their adoptions more than I pray for our own. It has helped take the focus off me and calmed my heart. So that said...you can bet I am praying for that referral to arrive soon!

Blessings!

Joshua and Lydia Rich said...

Hi Stacey, I would so love to come by on Friday, but it doesn't look like it will be possible. My sister (who has been visiting us for her college break) totaled our truck last week, so now Josh and I are sharing a car...so when he goes to work, I stay home! Maybe next time?

Jessica said...

Hang in there, remember God has His perfect time, not ours. We are reminding ourselves of that every day as it has been almost 2 months since we accepted our referral and still don't have a court date. God already knows who your little girl is and he is taking care of her for you while you wait. Trust in Him.

Lory Howlett said...

You haven't posted yet, but I saw you found out who she is. How old is she? I would do A LOT to see a picture!!!!!!
Congratulations & God bless!
Lory