Saturday, June 21, 2008

Blowing Kisses in the Wind

Tonight as I get ready for bed, I talk to God, knowing he hears. I ask for safety for my husband who is at work, blessings for all of our friends and family, and the protection of my sweet boys tucked safely into bed (all but one, who is safely in Wyoming with Grammy and Grandpa.)Then I "blow kisses" to our little girl who is thousands of miles away from us. When we began this process, a friend gave us the advice, to ask God to place your faces in your baby's dreams, so she will know you when you go to get her. Aren't dreams wonderful? Dreams really do come true.Below is the poem. Enjoy and sleep tight!

Kisses in the Wind

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
--- Author Unknown

No comments: