Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe 2008 has come and gone so quickly. We have been truly blessed with all that has happened in our lives this past year. We are so thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ, our health, our family and our friends. We do know that 2009 holds an even more precious moment: the moment Gracie will be forever in our arms. Tonight we pray for her safety, health and that of all the other orphans who are still without their families. This waiting has been very hard, but we are reminded on a daily basis to trust in Him and His timing. He has the perfect little girl for our family. With the New Year comes many New Year's "resolutions." Each year I have always tried to make "another" resolution, to lose some weight. Well, after I read my dear friend Jill's blog yesterday (She is a friend whom I have never met face to face, but have come to admire through this amazing journey) she put it perfectly into words and scriptures regarding New Year's resolutions.(Check out her blog; it will inspire and move you:http://forevernevernalways1.blogspot.com) I am embarassed to say I have been "one of those," but this year it is going to be different for me. Of course, I am going to continue to take care of this body God has given me for the glory of Him, but I also want to grow in my relationship with him on a daily basis. It is clearly important to draw closer to Him and lead others to Him. 2009 is going to be an incredible year.
We wish you all love, health, happiness and peace. May you find rest in Him.
Prayer for our Gracie to come home to us soon.
With love,
Mat and Stacey
Zach, Justin, Cameron and Tyler

No comments: